Monday, August 15, 2016

CDD Linky Party - Watercolor : Hey! How are you?


Hello friends! The theme for this Linky Party at Craftin Desert Divas is "Watercolor"! We would love to see all of your projects that fit this theme! So go ahead and craft it and link it up on the Craftin Desert Diva's Blog.

Every other Monday will mark the beginning of a new semi-weekly Linky Party over 
at the CDD blog. We hope you will share your projects with us! And don't forget 
about  the prizes! Every Linky Party will have a winner and a Top 3! 
The more times you link up...the more chances you have to win!!

Our Sponsors for this Linky Party are:

One 4"x 6" stamp set
One Digi Stamp of choice
Here is what I made..

I was once afraid of watercoloring but now I enjoy doing it so much... it's so forgiving and I encourage you to try!

There are so many watercolor mediums in the market nowadays.  For my card I used distress inks reinkers with wet on wet technique which mean I wet the watercolor paper first and then dropped in the colors ramdomly and let the colors do their job.  I choose reinkers because they're more concentrated and vibrant. But if you have only ink pads, they will do the same thing just that colors might not be so bright.

After I let the watercolor panel dried overnight or you can used heat tool to speed up the process, I used Fancy Stitched Lable dies (2nd one from the largest) to cut my panel and mounted onto thin black layering color.  I also stamped the rabbit from Peek A Boo Animals stamp and colored her with inktense watercolor pencils.  I stamped her twice.  One I colored her as per normal and another one I only colored on her paws.

I then fussy cut the paws out.  For the main rabbit I used the same Fancy Stitched Lable dies to cut her out at the bottom part and fussy cut her out the rest of the area.  I attached the rabbit directly to the panel.  Once I had the position of the rabbit I then stamped the sentiment.

I prepared my card base by using the frame dies from Picture Frame Dies and cut it twice from black card stock and attached them together.  Then I adhered the watercolor panel on top.  For the center panel I put on form tape to pop it up.  For the paws I double the form tape to give more dimension.  I also sprinkle the Lily White Sprinkle near to the sentiment and to accent my card.

Here's the closer look

Hope you like it and give it a try. Have a Wonderful Day!

Here are all the CDD products I used:
Peek A Boo Animals

Picture Frame Dies

Fancy Stitched Label Dies

Lily White Sprinkles

1 comment: